Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Journey of a Mile Starts With One Foot

I got it guys. GUYS I got it!
My first instrumental is found and I'm almost done writing it! I can't really show you what I have so far because... I mean that's spoiling the song.

Otherside, by Macklemore originally was a song about getting sober and fighting through the hardships of life (if you want to go listen to it, go, but there's profanity in the original song itself so listener discretion is advised), so I thought it'd fit perfectly into my theme. The instrumental itself is not harsh like a Waka Flocka (-shudder-) song, but instead carries a mild guitar background sound track with the beat. (I'm using this as my first instrumental)

In this song (so far) I've been writing about the harshness that sometimes comes with life.



So as of now, I'm just working to get all my music aspects done so I can work on the technical aspects. Basically just a "meh".

All in all, I've finalized my idea for the EP.

Eat, Sleep, Chill.

Progression:

1 comment:

  1. Eric I think that this sounds really interesting! Since this is the first time I'm taking a look at your blog I was wondering if all of your songs are going to relate to one another, or are they all going to be different and have no relationship whatsoever. I think that it is cool that you are basing some of your songs off of the instrumentals of other songs, but I think you should make some of your own instrumentals. That probably takes a long time to do, and we only have a few weeks left, but its always a possibility! Good luck with the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete