Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finished. Finally.

I have finally finished editing.

In all seriousness though I am so relieved right now. It's not that I didn't enjoy this or that this was extremely tedious, but it was more as of the stress level that recording gave me.

Which gave me an opportunity to flex my meditation techniques once again. I used this technique to keep my head from exploding all over the place.

Which led me to another thing. Was I really cut out for this? Was this the life that I really wanted? After much debate, I realized that no matter how stressful that this was, my brain releases an unnatural amount of dopamine each time I listen to the completed product. No, it's not because I'm extremely happy with the way I sound, but it's the idea that I'm am that much closer to the real deal. Yet, I am so far from it, and I want to someday achieve the goal of having my music heard everywhere. It's a dream that seems so far fetched, and as I mentioned before in "chasing dreams" there's still that tiny tiny window of a chance.

After hours of creating the design for my CD (which will be revealed at the TED Talk, although the album cover is on my bandcamp), I started to write my TED talk.

Like my music, I wanted my speech to be a little more than just explaining what went wrong and what was right. I wanted to make my speech count for something... or at least make the slightest of impacts. Yet, I was also wondering why I was so interested in music. Why couldn't I have been scientifically adept? Why wasn't I able to calculate trigonometry in my head like kids from mainland China?

So I did a little "research" (a.k.a. I was trying to find who I was on the internet).

I came across this quote by a very good friend of ours.

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”
 -Victor Hugo.

And I was stunned. First off, Victor Hugo looked like a complete macho-man. Moreover, I was stunned about how true this was. Especially for me.
 My mind's extremely complex, and it is sometimes extremely difficult for me to put myself thoughts into words. I get confused by myself extremely easily, which is because I don't think in words, I think in pictures. Art was always a way to put my thoughts onto paper/music without me having to actually talk about it... since as some people may know my thoughts may seem incoherent and occasionally inappropriate (that's when I don't really think through what I say).

Now that's why music is so important to me. It brings me back to my first few questions... am I cut out for this (emotionally)? Yes. Is this the life that I really wanted? Yes. How did I get those answers? I asked myself "What if"... which is actually the topic of my TED speech. If I go any further I'd just be typing up my speech.

With all that said and done, here's the finished product on Bandcamp (Click on the album cover):

Welcome to my little adventure.


I hope you all enjoy it.
Eat Sleep Chill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment